8.26.2008

Ketchup time!

Well, summer has been amazing, but incredibly busy... As well, we have had quite a bit of change around here over the past few months. First of all, many of you have spoken to Elise over the past year or so. She was our studio manager and at times, a playmate for Emma :) At the beginning of the summer, Elise moved on to another job. She is working with her church in Black Mountain. It is working out well for her as it is a much shorter commute--close to home.

As well, toward the beginning of the summer, we purchased a building in the historic district of Marion. The building was built in 1893 and needs a ton of work, but has a ton of potential. We are keeping the possibility open for a studio down the road, but are focusing on a roof right now. It leaks like a 1986 Yugo. We unexpectedly had to replace the heating/cooling system downstairs as well. WOW! It must be made of gold... Anyway, we are excited about the space, and hoping that it becomes a good investment and not a money pit.

It has been a very busy summer as well with about 10 weddings so far and numerous other shoots. We are in the process of catching up on editing, print orders, book design and binding, email, etc. We're definitely missing Elise right now... We'll post again soon, but wanted to give you a quick update on what we've been up to. Take care and God bless!

J and J

2 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

I miss you guys! I see things have been busy, as always. Some great images, I just remembered I could check out your blog to see what's happening at Visio! I love the Weddings Unveiled spot light!
I hope you are all not too stressed with me not there. I want to come down one Friday soon, but I better get on your schedule first. :) Maybe Emma and I could have some fun playing for a couple of hours.

VISIO said...

It's great to hear from you Elise. And Emma would be open ANY time for a play date :) Be sure to tell Dan we said hello..